Cloud-ready, Dual band, Dual Radio 802.11ac/abgn, 2x2:2 MIMO Outdoor Wave 2 access point with four internal antenna array
The AP3917 is a feature rich 802.11ac Wave 2 and 802.11abgn outdoor access point that extends affordable enterprise-grade mobility beyond the walls.
These outdoor access points are designed to operate in harsh environments such as manufacturing plants, parks, practice facilities, and outdoor stadiums.
The AP3917 offers multiple connectivity options including WiFi 2.4GHz, WiFi 5GHz, and BLE/802.15.4 (e.g. Thread, etc.) for location services or extended
connectivity to Internet of Things (IoT) sensors and devices. The energy efficient AP3917 is powered via 802.3af Power over Ethernet
(PoE). The light-weight and compact design enables easy installation on most surfaces; optional accessories are available for fixed wall mounting,
directional wall mounting, or pole mounting. The AP3917e model requires professional installation and includes four standard N-type antenna
connectors supporting 2.4GHz or 5GHz band antennas, as well as a fifth standard N-type connector for a 2.4GHz antenna for BLE/802.15.4 support.
The AP3917 is built using the latest in technology, including 802.11ac Wave 2, dynamic radio management, spectrum analysis with interference
classification, beamforming, multi-user MIMO, self-forming and self-healing meshing, security, role-based authentication, authorization, and access
control to ensure consistent and secure connectivity to users and sensors.
The 2x2:2 platform can deliver up to 1.2 Gbps over-theair-performance and up to 50,000 packets per second on the wired port using a unique flow-based architecture
that provides consistent performance even when enforcing extensive application-based (aka Layer 7) service requirements.
• Extends secure connectivity to Internet of Things (IoT) sensors for Smart Buildings while reducing risks from weak or insecure sensors
• Enforces role-based grouping of users, devices, and applications to deliver priority, QoS, and security in accordance with business needs for wireless devices
• Support for demanding voice/video/data applications to enhance mobile worker productivity and convenience
• Seamless roaming across an entire multi- subnet campus without the need for cumbersome client software
• Integrated management, security, and QoS features reduce operating cost and ensure a consistent user experience regardless of location
• Centralized visibility and control accelerates problem resolution, optimize network utilization, and automate management
• Adaptive architecture reduces complexity and optimizes information flow for each application
• Dynamic Radio Management when used for planning and monitoring ensures optimal spectrum coverage resulting in the best end- user quality of experience
• Flexible Client Access optimizes throughput for 802.11ac/n clients in today’s mixed ac, n, and a/b/g client environments
Flexible Managment Options
• On premise, with hardware or virtual ExtremeWireless Appliance
• ExtremeCloud™ Cloud-Managed Networking Platform (future)